Doug & Margaret Nichols
How to reach us:
Doug and Margaret met while attending Prairie Bible Institute and were married in 1968 upon Doug’s return from India with Operation Mobilization. ACC was one of their first supporting churches when they
first left for the Philippines in 1970 with Overseas Missionary Fellowship on loan to Christ for Greater Manila, from which ACTION began in 1974. They adopted their two children, Robby and Julie, and lived in the Philippines until 1990. The focus of their work was evangelism, discipleship, and development among the poor.
Doug was appointed as International Director of ACTION in 1975, and the ministry of ACTION has expanded to 22 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America with 250 missionaries. Doug now serves as Founder and International Director Emeritus and is an advocate for Children in Crisis and Pastoral Leadership Development.
Blessings in Christ. Thank you again for the opportunities to partner with you since 1970! With your support and prayer we have represented ACC in the Philippines, as well as throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our two children were dedicated to the Lord at a Sunday evening service at Alderwood in 1978!
- Many additional missionaries are needed to serve among the 90 million people who do not know Christ as Savior in the Philippines. Women missionaries (as well as men) are especially requested to work with the 200,000 street children, and many older couples to serve in training and encouragement with the 41,000 undertrained pastors of the country.
- Please pray for Life Application Study Bibles to be purchased and shipped monthly for special seminars for many needy pastors and Christian workers of the Philippines. We are able to purchase these Bibles at a huge discount and then give to those attending a seminar on how to use the study Bible.
- Please pray as we continue to compile books to be published for needy Filipino pastors. At present I am working on six titles. The book The Christian Family (with a chapter by Pastor Brad and sponsored by ACC) was printed last year and widely distributed to the help and encouragement of many pastors and their families.
- MOVING ON: As we cannot afford to live in the Seattle area, the Lord has provided a place in South Carolina from which we will continue full time ministry and also be able to care for guests. As the Lord enables, we will move at the end of this month.
- We are giving away most of our furniture (rather than shipping the 2,813 miles) and would appreciate prayer as we pack to ship items in PODS. Packing is difficult especially as we continue to do our ministry daily.
- It was an honor to speak at your recent ACC missions weekend. Please pray that we will find a church in SC which is as zealous, welcoming, missions minded, kind, encouraging and visionary as ACC.
Thank you again and may our wonderful Lord be praised!