Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will the Compassion Center be open to the public?
Our goal is to have the Compassion Center open by January 1st.
2. What will happen in the Compassion Center building?
We will offer s food program to families in need. Clients will have the opportunity to shop for groceries stocked on our shelves. They will also receive a meal twice a month. In the future we hope to offer social services to help people acquire things like I.D. cards or to learn how to build a resume.
3. How will the church pay for this ministry?
Throughout the year we will collect food items to keep the shelves stocked for the food program. Your generous giving contributes to our benevolence fund which helps cover the rest of the cost.
4. Will this ministry be ran by church staff?
Part of our staff includes a director who will provide oversight to the Compassion Center, but much of the everyday operations will happen because of faithful volunteers like you.
5. Do I need special skills to serve with the Compassion Center?
There are opportunities to serve for everyone! Some roles require training, but there are many opportunities that require no special skills.
6. How can I get involved?
Click here to let us know you're interested.